How To Make Father's Day Pop-Up Books
If you know how to make a Father's Day pop-up book, it will be the perfect gift for your dad. This is the one day out of the year completely dedicated to daddy dearest. It is the best time to show him your love and appreciation. To honor dad this year, why not make something from the heart? Your father might love a handmade Father's Day pop-up book.
To make the pop-up book you'll need:
- One 9" x 12" piece of construction paper
- One 8.5" x 11" pop-up pattern on white paper
- Simple illustrations or stickers
- Crayons or markers
- Create the cover. Fold the 9" x 12" piece of paper in half horizontally. This will be the cover. Decorate the cover however you'd like. You can use magazine cut outs, photos, stickers or draw a picture.
- Make the background. On the white piece of paper, draw the background pattern on the top half of the page. Leave about an inch up top on the bottom half. On the bottom half of the paper you can write a story to include in your pop-up book.
- Fold. Fold the paper horizontally so the story is facing the front. Starting about two inches from the left and two inches from the right, cut small tabs on the paper by making a small cut in the shape of a rectangle. Don't cut out the rectangle, just make incisions on the sides. Fold these down.
- Unfold. Unfold the page and push the tabs forward. The tabs should appear dimensional.
- Illustrate the pop-up book. Use stickers or simple illustrations and attach to the tabs with glue. These images will appear to be popping out of your Father's Day pop-up book.
- Glue together. You can glue the pop-up page to the piece of folded construction paper to bind the book. Your book is complete!
If you need to add more pages, use additional pieces of paper folded in half and glue them to the book. You may want to glue the pages before writing the story. Wrap up the pop-up book and present it to your dad. You'll make this Father's Day the best one yet!