How To Make Felt Food Waffle
Need to know how to make a felt food waffle? With felt food waffles the kids can pretend to make breakfast in their play kitchen just like mom and dad. A complete pretend breakfast might also include felt food bacon or sausage links and a dollop of felt food butter with an oozing spread of felt food syrup to pour on the felt food waffle. Go crazy! Make a felt food waffle to encourage creative play in your child.
To make a felt food waffle, you will need:
- Brown or tan felt
- Brown thread, darker than the felt
- A needle
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Measure the size for the felt food waffle. Decide how large the waffle will be. Either measure a real waffle or just decide how large the felt food waffle should be to fit on the child's play plates.
- Cut the felt. Cut two pieces of felt the same size. These two pieces will serve as the top and bottom of the felt food waffle.
- Sew three sides. Thread the needle with thread. With the right sides of the felt facing out, begin sewing a top-stitch pattern on the waffle about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the edge. You will create a 1/4 to 1/2 edge to the felt food waffle that will not be stuffed. Make the stitches fairly large so they can be seen, about 1/4 inch long. The contrasting darker thread will make the stitch stand out to emulate the look of a real waffle. Continue sewing around three sides of the waffle. Leave the fourth edge open to stuff the felt food waffle. Leave the thread dangling, being careful not to poke yourself with the needle.
- Stuff the waffle. Add fiberfill to the opening until it reaches the desired fullness.
- Sew the fourth side closed. Continue sewing the felt food waffle around the fourth side about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the edge till the felt food waffle is closed. Tie several knots and cut the thread.
- Sew waffle patterns. Rethread the needle with the same darker thread. Sew vertical and horizontal lines in the felt food waffle to look like a real waffle design. Pull the thread tight so the fiberfill gives a raised look to the felt food waffle. Tie knots and cut the thread.