How To Make Fermented Cabbage Juice
It is quite easy to make fermented cabbage juice and many believe the curative powers of this cruciferous vegetable to border almost on the miraculous. Consumption of the members of the cruciferous vegetable family which includes cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts is known to reduce the risk of a number of cancers, which include lung, colon, breast, ovarian and bladder cancer. In addition to the cancer fighting abilities, researchers for the University of Hawaii have shown that consumption of these vegetables also provides significant cardiovascular benefits by blocking the formation of plaque in blood vessels. Cabbage juice is also well documented as being remarkably effective in treating peptic ulcers. In one study, 1 liter of the fresh juice per day, taken in divided doses, resulted in total ulcer healing in an average of 10 days.
As an excellent source of vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, and potassium cabbage is considered a staple in many European cultures, where it is quite commonly consumed in its fermented form as sauerkraut. In order to get the health benefits of fermented cabbage without all the salt used in preparing sauerkraut, fermented cabbage juice is an easily prepared substitute.
What you will need:
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1 liter of distilled water
- A blender
- A large bowl or jar
- Enough cheesecloth or gauze to cover the top of the bowl or jar
- Fill the blender with chopped green cabbage.
- Add distilled water until 2/3 full.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour blended mixture in the bowl or jar.
- Cover the bowl or jar securely with the cheese cloth or gauze.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for 3 days.
- Strain to separate juice and pulp.
- Place fermented cabbage juice in the refrigerator.
- When the supply gets low start a new batch by using the same procedure but adding ½ cup of the previous batch of fermented juice. This will enhance the fermentation so the new batch will only have to stand at room temperature for 24 hours before being ready for straining, refrigeration and consumption.
Drink 1/2 cup of this solution diluted with an equal part of water 2 or 3 times each day and you will realize the vitamin enriched, curative powers of fermented cabbage juice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.