How To Make A Fever Tree Cocktail
Need to know how to make a Fever Tree cocktail? If you like a sweeter type of cocktail but enjoy a good martini, a Fever Tree cocktail might be just up your alley. Made with the italian liquor, Galliano, this sweet yet complex cocktail has undertones of vanilla and anise (from the Galliano). Whether you choose to drink your Fever Tree cocktail on the rocks or straight up in a martini glass, you're sure to catch the fever!
To make a Fever Tree cocktail, you will need the following supplies:
- A martini shaker
- A martini glass (if served up style) or a high ball glass (if served on the rocks)
- One and one-half ounces of good quality vodka
- One-half ounce fresh orange juice (you can use bottled orange juice but, for the freshest, most delicious Fever Tree cocktail, use fresh orange juice)
- One-half ounce dry vermouth (dry vermouth is clear, sweet vermouth is a brownish color - make sure you use dry vermouth)
- One-half ounce simple syrup (simple syrup is just equal parts of sugar and water, boiled until the sugar dissolves. Use it after chilling)
- A twist of orange peel for garnish
- Step 1: Fill martini shaker half full of ice.
- Step 2: Add in the vodka, orange juice, dry vermouth, and simple syrup. Put the cover on the martini shaker.
- Step 3: Shake martini shaker for at least 30 minutes, until ice crystals form on the top of the Fever Tree Cocktail.
- Step 4: Strain either into a martini glass or over fresh ice into a high ball glass. Rub the orange peel on the rim of whichever cocktail glass you choose. Sip and enjoy!