By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to make figure skating outfits. By making figure skating outfits yourself, you can save much of the cost associated which pre-made outfits, and can create a look that is perfect for you. Your friends won't believe you made your figure skating outfit yourself!
- The first step in making a figure skating outfit is to find a leotard. Though you can typically find these at department or sporting goods stores, you may want to check online for the best deal.
- Purchase a large supply of tulle or other similar material in order to make a skirt. Before actually making the skirt, you must evaluate how the outfit will be used—if you are an ice dancer, a longer skirt will look best. If the outfit is for practice only, consider making a shorter skirt.
- Attach the fabric to the leotard with a needle and thread, creating a skirt. Though a sewing machine can be used, don't be afraid to hand-stitch. Any errors can always be covered later with ribbons or jewels.
- Obtain a product or machine that will attach gems to the leotard. Create a design for the gems, and carefully attach them using your tool. Sew or glue ribbons onto the border where the leotard and skirt connect.
- Make a variety of figure skating outfits. You will need different looks for different occasions, and it is important to have a suitable figure skating outfit handy. Play around with color, texture and the fit of the figure skating uniform to find the one that works best for you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.