Want to learn how to make fish tacos with tilapia? Fish tacos are huge in Mexico and the San Diego region are a fresh and healthy choice to regular beef tacos.
Things you'll need:
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen tilapia fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Mango salsa
Things you'll need to make homemade mango salsa (optional)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 3 tbsp. cilantro
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Before prepping your tilapia fillets, now is the perfect time to make a fresh, homemade mango salsa. If you are short on time, a store-bought salsa will work as well. Mix diced mango, red onions, cucumbers, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside for topping later.
- Thinly slice cabbage and peel avocado. Remove seed from avocado, then chop into cubes.
- In a small bowl mix thinly sliced cabbage, chopped avocado, one tablespoon salt and one tablespoon vinegar. Set aside for later.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and coat skillet with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place fillets in skillet. Depending on thickness of fillet, cooking time may differ. Cook each side of the fillet for at least one minute.
- Remove fillets from skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm corn tortillas and begin to assemble your tilapia fish tacos. Place the warm fillets onto the corn toritlla, top with cabbage and avocado mixture, and mango salsa.
Making fish tacos with tilapia isn't hard to do. Be creative and change up the toppings for different tastes. Any white fish can work with this dish as well. For a healthy alternative to corn tortillas, try whole grain tortillas for your fish tacos.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
How I Turned Myself Into a Spartan (And Why Every Man Should...
This workout (and philosophy) recast me from browbeaten shrub to rock-hard warrior.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…