Need to know how to make fish tacos? Making fish tacos can bring a new twist to your next home-cooked Mexican fiesta! Who says an excellent taco must be made with ground beef or chicken? Making fish tacos is simple and painless with this recipe, especially with delicious ingredients including onions and black beans. This recipe for fish tacos serves four.
To make fish tacos, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- A 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 8 six-inch flour tortillas, warmed in the microwave if preferred
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- A non-stick pan
- Cook the tilapia. To make fish tacos, start by cooking the fillets. Any method can be used to make fish tacos, but this recipe will use a non-stick pan. Place the fish in a non-stick pan with a tablespoon of oil on low to medium flame. Sprinkle the fillets with taco seasoning, wait four minutes, turn the filets over, sprinkle with taco seasoning and remove from the pan after four minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Saute the vegetables for the fish tacos. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook for five minutes until hot. Remove from the heat and put in a bowl.
- Make the black bean mixture for the fish tacos. In a small saucepan, combine the black beans, sour cream and cumin. Set the pan at medium heat and cook about three to five minutes until blended and hot.
- Assemble the fish taco. Spoon the bean mixture into the flour tortilla. Next, layer the fish taco with the bell peppers and onions and the fish pieces. Top off the fish taco with cheese, tomatoes and lettuce.
Remember, fish tacos can be made with many fish. Try cod, flounder, halibut and even shrimp.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
7 Awesome, Whimsical Pool Party Toys
These fun, buoyant items are sure to make a splash. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.