How To Make A Fish Tank Stand
Learning how to make a fish tank stand is not too hard if you apply your abilities and use the right materials. You will need a basic understanding of tool use to complete the project. The following is advice on how to make a fish tank stand.
- Six pieces of hardwood
- Two long two-by-four boards
- Saw (such as table saw or electric hand saw)
- Purchase all of the supplies you will need to begin. Any home improvement or construction supply store should have what you need.
- Note the dimensions of the fish tank stand. It should be as long (side to side) and wide as the length and width of the fish tank. The tank can have a height of your choosing.
- Cut four two-by-four boards to the length of each side (four for the length, four for the width and four for the height). Assemble a frame so that the two-by-fours look like the outlines of a box on which the tank will stand.
- Cut the hardwood sheets into the sizes of the sides and the top and bottom. Assemble the fish tank stand by nailing the hardwood sides to the front and back, the two ends on, and the top and bottom onto the frame. The top and bottom can be slightly longer and wider to accommodate the thickness of the two sides and two ends.
- Sand the homemade fish tank stand well and cover it in varnish. Allow it to dry and set the fish tank on the stand.
Learning how to make a fish tank stand at home is not too hard. All that you need are particular supplies, an ability to use tools and finesse to make things.