How To Make A Fitch Cocktail
You can learn how to make a Fitch Cocktail by following a few simple steps. Make this sweet drink with high quality liqueurs instead of using cheap generic choices for the best results.
When making a Fitch Cocktail, you will need:
- Cocktail glass
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce creme de cacao
- Orange juice
- Pineapple juice
- Lime wedge
How to make a Fitch Cocktail:
- Place four ice cubes in the shaker. Adding ice cubes, while not necessary, does chill the liqueur to make a uniformly chilled drink.
Add 1 ounce of vanilla vodka to the shaker.
- Add 1 ounce of white rum to the shaker.
- Add 1 ounce of creme de cacao to the shaker.
Add a splash of orange juice to the shaker.
- Add a splash of pineapple juice to the shaker.
- Shake the shaker vigourously back and forth to mix the shots thoroughly. You should only need to shake the shaker about five times to mix the ingredients sufficiently.
Pour the mixture from the shaker into the cocktail glass.
- Place a lime wedge on the rim of the cocktail glass. The lime adds a decorative touch., but adds nothing to the taste.
Make some slight modifications to the Fitch Cocktail to find the right combination for your taste. Try adding a splash grenadine, a cherry flavored syrup, or other flavored syrups to the mixture in the shaker before shaking.
Creme de Cacao, a chocolate and vanilla flavored liqueur, has a thinner consistency and less sweet taste than chocolate liqeuer. It comes in both a dark and white color. Most times, when a recipe refers to creme de cacao, unless specified, you should use the white version.