Learning how to make a flat floor on a fishing boat is a fairly easy process that requires some time and materials. Once you have everything you need, you can make your boat much more comfortable and easier to walk in. The following is how to make a flat floor on a fishing boat.
- Plywood sheets
- Saw, such as table saw or electric hand saw
- Wood glue or epoxy
- First, purchase all of the materials that you will need. They should be available at any construction supply or home improvement store.
- Next, note the dimensions of your boat. If it is keeled and curved in, shaped like a V or a U, note how far apart the sides are where you will want your floor to be placed above the bottom of the boat's uneven floor.
- Mark the dimensions of the wooden floor on pieces of plywood. These dimensions should represent the size of the board that will be slid down into the boat below the gunnel but above the bottom of the inside.
- Cut the sheets of plywood to shape, and lower them, horizontally, down into the boat. Use wood glue if connecting the sides of the cut plywood sheets to a wooden hull, and epoxy if the plywood sizes will be pressed into a metal hull or hull made from any other synthetic material.
- Place plywood sheets, cut to the fit the sides of the boat a certain way down into it, along its length until the boat has a plywood floor that is secured. It may now be walked about on with more ease.
Learning how to make a flat floor for a fishing boat is not too hard, but it requires time and materials. All that really happens in the process is you place wood sheets cut to shape into the hull, horizontally, so that their edges press between the sides. Once this is done, it will be easier to move about the boat.
"The Complete Book of Boat Maintenance and Repair." D. Kendall; Doubleday, 1975; p. 90.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.