How To Make Floating Shelves
Learning how to make floating shelves will enable you to decorate a room in a beautiful manner. Floating shelves are style of shelving that creates a seamless appearance, and displays no bulky shelving brackets. These shelves and commonly preferred for their stylish appearance and easy installation process.
Supplies needed to make floating shelves:
- Mounting Brackets
- Bracket Screws
- Tape Measure
- Hand saw
- Screw driver
- Drywall Anchors
Directions to make floating shelves:
- First you must decide the basics for the shelving. Determine where you want the floating shelves to go, and what size you would like. Determine the location and how many shelves you want to install along the wall.
- Once you have established the size you would like, cut the shelves to size. Cut the mounting bracket to size is required as well, and should be the exact size of each shelf to be placed. This will keep a clean appearance, and emphasize the floating appearance.
- Measure the area of the wall where you want to place these shelves. Mark where the studs are on the wall, and drill holes where the shelves will be mounted. If you are unable to drill into the stud, insert a dry wall anchor by hammering it into the drilled hole. Make sure the screw placement will create a level shelving surface.
- Next, you will need to install the mounting bracket. Line up the pre-marked holes on the mounting bracket with the holes you drilled into the wall, and use the screw driver to insert the screw. Again, check to make sure the shelving bracket is order to establish a nice level surface to use.
- The final step requires you to simply place the shelving into the mounting bracket. This is done by inserting the bottom side of the shelf into the bracket first to establish a strong connection. Continue the same drilling and installing pattern for each shelf used. Once complete, the floating shelves are ready to use.