Need to know how to make a flute out of wood? A flute can be made from virtually any material. The best and easiest way to make a flute is by using wood. Flutes have been entertaining folks for thousands of years. In fact, in Greek mythology, Orpheus brought Eurydice back from Hades using only his flute.
To make a flute out of wood, you need a couple things:
- Protective Eye Gear
- Wood Rod (3/4 to 1 inch in diameter)
- A Clamp
- A Pencil
- A Power Drill (with different sized drills)
- Put protective gear on. Simple, slip a pair of gloves on and fix protective eye gear over your eyes. Working with wood can sometimes leave unwanted splinters and we definitely don’t want them lodging in your eyes. Remember, better safe than sorry.
- Secure your wooden rod in the clamp. Lay the piece of wood in between the clamp and make sure it’s secure before you tighten it. You might want to hold onto your future wood flute while the clamp is closing in.
- Locate the center of the wood. Take your pencil and mark a dot where you think the middle of the wooden rod is. Make the dot dark enough so it’s visible later when you get ready to hollow the wood out.
- Begin drilling. Fix the smallest drill bit you have on your power drill and begin drilling where your pencil mark is. When your drill bit can’t go any further use a larger drill bit and continue drilling, this is made easier thanks to the smaller drill bit. When you can’t go any further you can begin drilling on the other side.
- Now drill holes along your wooden flute. You can space the holes using your index finger, marking where you want them with your pencil. But be careful when drilling holes because you might want to adjust them later for sound.
- Sand your new wooden flute down. Use your sandpaper to smooth-out the edges and rough spots on your wood flute. You probably want to first smooth the top of the flute where your mouth will be so you can enjoy playing awesome music.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.