Learning how to make a foam skimboard is a fairly easy process. Only a few materials are needed for its construction, and the time spent pays off when the board is put to use. Following is how to make a foam skimboard.
How to Make a Foam Skimboard: Materials
- 3/4 inch- 1 inch EPS foam sheet
- Five minute epoxy
- X-acto knife or electric knife
- Spray paint'
How to Make a Foam Skimboard
- First, purchase all of the necessary materials. Everything except for the EPS sheet may be bought at craft supply stores, and the foam may be purchased at any home improvement store, or at most building material stores.
- Next, trace the shape of the board onto the EPS foam sheet. The board should have have an ovular shape, with pointed ends. You can make it whatever size you please.
Then, cut out the skimboard from the sheet with a knife.
- Sand the edges of the board. After it is cut out, it will likely be rough around the edges, and it needs to be smooth.
- Mix about one cup of five minute epoxy. Then, on the side that is to be the bottom, apply all of it, spread evenly. allow it to dry, reshaping it with a popsicle stick if necessary. This will hake the bottom smooth, and make for better skimboarding.
- Finally, spray paint the board. You might need to do this twice to intensify the color.
Learning how to make a foam skimboard is fairly easy, and it usually does not take too much time to construct one. And once finished, these boards are a blast at the beach.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …