On a rainy day, knowing how to make a football out of a paper bag comes in handy. This easy craft is especially useful for bored children who just can’t seem to find something to do even in their gadgetry-filled rooms. Nevertheless, you normally would not even suggest playing with a football inside the house, but a paper bag football is the perfect project that will keep everyone happy.
Here is what you need:
- Paper bag
- Craft glue
- Cotton balls
- Crayons, paint or markers
- Glass of water (optional)
- Draw and decorate your football. This first step is where your child’s imagination can run wild. Lay the paper bag flat on the table or floor. With your pencil, draw a big football-shaped oval on both the front and back of the bag. Use paint, crayons or felt pens to adorn both sides of your football. Bedazzle it, if you wish, with funny cartoon characters and embellishments. Only decorate the inside of the oval.
- Cut it out! Take the scissors and cut out both layers, giving you two oval cutouts. Fit them on top of each other and cut off any sides that are not exact. Set the leftover scraps aside; you will need them later. If you have chosen to paint or glue anything on your football, you will have to wait until they are dry before proceeding to the next step.
- Get wrinkly. (Note: If you have painted or glued your football, you will want to eliminate this step.) In order to give your football that pigskin leather effect, take a glass of water and lightly sprinkle the oval shapes with droplets of water. Next, carefully crinkle the shapes into a loose ball. Open them back up and let them to dry.
- Staple and stuff. Place the two ovals on top of each other, making sure the decorated sides are on the outside. Staple around all the edges, but leave a four-inch gap. This is the opening you will use to stuff your football. Remember those left over scraps of paper mentioned in step two? Take those scraps, as well as your cotton (tissue paper can be substituted), and insert them into the hole. Staple the hole closed.
- Make the threads. Your awesome football must have authentic threads. Take your yarn (any color will do) and cut two longish pieces–about two inches will do. Next, cut several one-inch pieces. Glue the yarn on the football in a crisscross fashion.
- If you really want to get into the spirit, make tiny football versions of the original and glue them to a magnet. Put them on your desk or refrigerator during Super Bowl season. Or attach a long, single piece of yarn and hang them anywhere.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …