Learning how to make a French Connection cocktail is simple. The French Connection cocktail is an elegant drink that is meant to be slowly sipped. This cocktail is reminiscent of a time of cigar smoking and fedoras, smoke crammed lounges with a blues singing songstress and gangsters sitting at closeby tables. The French Connection cocktail epitomizes elegance and as such it has never gone totally out of fashion, but it’s taking part in a revival in reputation as the nightcap idea is yet again becoming elegant. A French Connection cocktail is the correct drink for a nightcap. It is an aggregate of the best two types of alcohol, so ensure they’re of first rate excellence. The warming quality of the cognac blends nicely with the sweet almond of amaretto liqueur in this cocktail that is neither too ambitious nor too sweet. The almond also gives the French Connection a nice bouquet that is enjoyable and pleasurable. No garnish is necessary because is the simplicity of the drink that is the hallmark of its elegance.
What you’ll need to make one French Connection cocktail:
- One old school glass or different short glass
- One and half oz. good quality, aged cognac
- Three-fourths oz. top-shelf amaretto liqueur
- FILL Fill a crystal or other good quality glass with ice. Fill it nearly to the top.
- ADD Slowly add the cognac into the glass, allowing it to chill as it settles to the bottom. Add the amaretto in a similar fashion.
- STIR Stir the cocktail by lightly swirling the glass, permitting the cognac and amaretto to combine. Enjoy your cocktail by sipping it slowly.