martinis–the classic, classy cocktail–and with Made Man savoir-faire, we’ll show you how to make a French martini. (Savior-faire means “know how.”) What makes a French martini French? Why the Chambord®, bien sur! (Bien sur means “of course.”) Chambord® introduced the French martini recipe as part of a worldwide promotional campaign with Finlandia® Vodka back some years ago.
Some traditionalists argue that a French martini is not a “real” martini because it contains no vermouth and it’s made with vodka, rather than gin. But does it really matter? If you enjoy a French martini, do you really care where it came from, who invented it, or whether it’s a “real” martini? No. The idea is to simply enjoy a good cocktail.
Here’s what you will need, according to the folks at Chambord®:
- 1 ½ oz. Vodka (the folks at Chambord® suggest Finlandia® Vodka, of course.)
- ½ oz. Chambord®
- ½ oz. Pineapple juice
- Cocktail Shaker
- Chilled martini glass (you can place glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill them.)
- Lemon peel (for garnish)
- Place ice in cocktail shaker. Be sure to use a shaker with a strainer, as French martinis are meant to be served chilled (shaken with ice,) not “on the rocks” (with ice in the glass.)
- Pour in vodka, Chambord®, and pineapple juice. Shake gently. The classic “shaken, not stirred” does not apply in this case. You cannot “bruise” vodka the way you can gin.
- Strain mixture into chilled martini glass, garnish with lemon peel, and serve. Be sure to serve with cocktail napkins, as chilled glasses will leave moisture rings when set on tables or other flat surfaces.
À la vôtre! (In French, “To your health.”)
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?