How To Make Fried Lo Mein
Would you like to know how to make Fried Lo Mein? Asian cooking is very popular with many people. Fried rice, Sweet and Sour Chicken and Lo Mein are just a few dishes that are quick and easy to make for family dinners. Asian cuisine is made with simple ingredients, some basic staples like rice or noodles and a sauce to compliment the flavor of the dish.
To Make Fried Lo Mein you will need:
- Two 8 oz packages cooked Chinese egg noodles or 16 oz dry spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained.
- Slivered vegetables: spring onions, mushrooms, cabbage,
- Chicken, Beef or Fish (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic cloves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Prepare the vegetables and meat (vegetarians can substitute extra vegetables) and set aside.
- If using dry noodles, cook and drain in colander. If using prepared noodles, heat the skillet or wok with one tbsp of oil and add noodles. Cook over medium heat. Stir frequently to break up the Lo Mein noodles and keep them from sticking.
- When the noodles are hot and slightly dry, remove from the pan and reserve to a warming plate to keep warm.
- Add the remaining tbsp of oil to wok and add meat and vegetables. Cook until meat is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, cloves, and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Add Lo Mein noodles back into the meat and vegetable mix and heat through. Add the sauce and stir through noodles. Cook for one minute.
Any type of meat can be substituted for the chicken, beef, or fish. Use shrimp, scallops, or any type of seafood as a substitute for a little variety. Vegetarians can add extra vegetables or tofu if desired. This dish is very versatile and can be made a variety of ways to fit everyone’s taste.