Wondering how to make friendship bracelets out of string? You've come the right place. Friendship bracelets can be made easily at home with just a little bit of colored string, and are a fun way to show your friends how much you really care. Perhaps you would like to get a little creative with a friendship gift, or maybe you're just bored and need a fun activity to pass the time- whatever the reason is that you want to make friendship bracelets, we've got the perfect guide for you here.
To make friendship bracelets, you will need the following tools:
- Three different strands of colored string
Time to get started!
- Gather up your colored string. You will need at least three different colors for your friendship bracelet, but you may use more if you wish. The colors you choose are up to you, but choosing your friend's favorite colors or colors that go well together is a good way to go. Have fun with choosing your colors and know that there is no right or wrong choice.
- Knot the strings together and tape to table. Holding up your three (or more) colored strings, create an overhand knot with a tail of about five inches or so. Leaving a tail is important as you will need something to tape to the table when you begin making the bracelet. Once the knot is completed, tape the tail to a table before you begin weaving.
- Divide the string into three sections. If you used three colors, this will be easy. If you decided to use more than three colors, you can combine different colors together into sections, but each section should have the same amount of string. Make sure the string is untangled and flat before weaving.
- Take the far right string and place it over the middle string. It should be placed right between the middle string and far left string.
- Take the far left string and move it between the middle and right string. The middle string will be the string that was the far right string before it was moved.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5. Keep repeating these steps until your bracelet has reached the desired length. Make sure to braid the strings together tightly, as it creates a more secure look than a braid that is too loose.
- Knot the end. Once your bracelet is at the desired length, knot up the end of the braid to keep the bracelet from unweaving. Remove the tape from the table and find your friend.
- Tie the bracelet around your friend's wrist. Once you've finished weaving the bracelet, tie it around your pal's wrist. You may cut off any extra string that remains after the bracelet has been tied. You're now finished with your friendship bracelet, and your friend is sure to love it!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.