If you want to learn how to make Fruit of the Loom Apple costume, then you either have a great sense of humor or have been roped into the costume by your friends. Regardless, the apple costume is not difficult to put together if have even the most minimal of sewing skills, (and no aversion to wearing tights!)
To make Fruit of the Loom Apple costume you will need;
- Red tights
- Red leotard or long sleeved T-shirt
- 3-4 yards of red fabric
- Sewing machine
- Red thread
- Red ski cap
- Brown craft foam
- Green craft foam
- Choose your fabric. The fabric can be cotton, velvet, polyester or jersey. The fabric should be as wide as the torso length plus 2 inches. Measure generously, more fabric is fine for a Fruit of the Loom apple costume.
- Make a 1 inch fold along the bottom edge of the fabric. Pin to hold in place. Be sure to place the pins vertically across the seam to avoid breaking a needle when sewing.
- Sew a straight stitch along the pinned fold. This will be the bottom casing.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise. Cut into the fabric at the fold 12 inches.
- Fold the two sections of the top down 1 inch. Pin and sew in place to make the top casings.
- Place the right sides of the red fabric together. Sew together using a straight stitch. Begin sewing above the casing at the bottom. Stop sewing 12 inches from the casing at the top.
- Thread yarn through the casing at the bottom. Thread yarn through the top casings. Leave a long tail for both the top and bottom drawstring ties.
- Put on your red tights and red shirt. Step into the Fruit of the Loom Apple costume.
- Tie the bottom drawstring. Tie the top at your shoulders. Gather the fabric evenly to keep the costume smooth.
- Stuff the Fruit of the Loom Apple costume. Use crumbled plastic bags or paper. Trash bags, grocery sacks or crumbled newspaper balls works well. Continue stuffing until the Apple costume is fully filled out. Readjust the bottom tie if necessary.
- Cut out a rectangle from brown craft foam. Cut two leaves from green craft foam. Use a glue gun to attach the stem and leaves to the top of the red ski cap. Let the glue cool and dry before putting on.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …