A fruit smoothie is a delicious beverage enjoyed in summertime or year round, but many people don't actually know how to make a fruit smoothie. Fruit smoothies are a healthier alternative to many other summertime beverages like coffee frappes or punch, and they're full of fresh ingredients.
To make a fruit smoothie, you will need:
- A Blender.
- Fresh or frozen fruit of your choice, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, bananas, mangoes, peaches, kiwi, or pineapple.
- Yogurt. Plain works well, but vanilla or fruit flavored are good choices, as well.
- Fresh fruit juice. Orange juice works well, but you can use a different fruit juice if you prefer or an orange juice blend with other fruit juices.
- Ice cubes.
Here are the steps to make a fruit smoothie:
- Choose fruits that compliment each other. Possibly a mixture of berries, pineapple and mango, or strawberries and kiwi. Bananas can be added to most fruit smoothies, since they compliment many other fruit flavors, and they work well when blended together with other ingredients.
- You don't have to use a set measurement of ingredients. Though, if you are not sure about the ratio of ingredients, add a small amount first, because you can always add more.
- After you chop up any large pieces, put the fresh or frozen fruit in the blender first to make sure it gets blended well.
- Top the fruit with ice, fresh fruit juice, and yogurt. Note: It is not necessary to use both fresh fruit juice and yogurt. You can leave one or the other out if you desire.
- Blend all of the fruit smoothie ingredients together. Do this until they are well blended, yet still somewhat thick in consistency.
- Try it out. Try your fruit smoothie, and add any more ingredients you think you may need. Then, enjoy!
Tips: Try a different variety of ingredients each time you're in the mood for a fruit smoothie. If you need to eat breakfast or a snack while on the go, consider making a tasty fruit smoothie. You can add nutritional supplements to your fruit smoothie, such as Vitamin C or extra protein, if you desire. Rinse out the blender container as soon as you're finished with it so it is easier to clean. You can also add other ingredients to smoothies, such as chocolate chips or powder, peanut butter, or honey to vary the taste of your fruit smoothie. Each of these goes great with a banana smoothie.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.