Learning how to make fruit wine can be the start of a very fulfilling hobby. Not only does a good glass of homemade wine go great with a meal, it also makes for a memorable gift. Making your own wine is a fairly easy process. This article will show you step by step how to make fruit wine from start to finish. Drink up, and enjoy!
To make fruit wine, you will need:
- 1/2 gallon of fruit juice from ripe fruit (peeled, pitted and sliced if needed)
- 8 cups of boiling water
- 4 cups of fine white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons acid blend
- 1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
- 2 campden tablets
- 1/8 teaspoon tannin
- 1 package of dry yeast
- potato masher (optional)
- nylon straining bag
- primary container
- secondary container with air lock
- sterilized wine bottles
- Place the ripe fruit into the nylon straining bag and mash it up to remove the fruit juices. Use a potato masher if needed to help extract more juices from the fruit.
- Pour the fruit juices into the primary container.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the wine yeast. Stir the mixture well to combine all ingredients.
- Cover the container with a towel and let it sit for 24 hours.
- Add in the wine yeast. Do not stir.
- Allow the fruit wine to sit for five days.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the nylon straining bag and discard. Pour the fruit wine into the secondary container and fit the airlock.
- Rack the fruit wine after three weeks. Continue racking the fruit wine every three months for a year.
- Bottle the wine into wine bottles. Store in a cool, dry place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.