How To Make A Full Sized Skateboard Deck
Learning how to make a full sized skateboard deck is not too difficult, but it requires time, access to a board mold and materials. You will also have to know how to use tools for the process. The following is how to make a full sized skateboard deck.
- Seven or eight pieces of wood veneer
- Wood glue
- Saw, such as table saw or electric hand saw
- Skateboard deck mold
How to Make a Full Sized Skateboard Deck:
- Purchase all of the necessary materials. They should be available at any home improvement or construction supply company or store.
- Next, decide on the dimensions of the board. For the average person, a 32 inch long by eight inch wide board is ideal, but you can easily adjust these measurements as you feel necessary.
- Trace the board deck outlines on the pieces of veneer. With the saw, cut these shapes out, so that you have seven or eight (depending on your desired thickness) thin pieces of wood which will form the board.
Place glue between the sheets of deck-shaped veneer, and lay them on one another so that you have a flat skateboard deck made up of seven or eight pieces of wood, with glue between them.
- Quickly place the glued sheets in the mold and let them dry thoroughly. Once the glue has dried, remove the shaped deck from the mold.
- Sand all edges so that it is smooth, and cover the deck with paper and paint the bottom, if you like. You now have a finished, full sized skateboard deck,
Learning how to make a full sized skateboard deck is not too difficult, but it can take a little bit of time and your knowledge of tool use. Once constructed, you may use the deck as the basis for your homemade skateboard.