How To Make A Gimlet
For a classic drink that is simple to make and easy to enjoy, learn how to make a Gimlet. This drink is traditionally made with gin, but during the 1990s the vodka Gimlet became more popular. Either liquor can be used to create your own perfect Gimlet cocktail.
To prepare the Gimlet all you need are a couple of ingredients:
- 2 oz of gin or vodka
- 3/4 oz of lime juice cordial
- * Pure lime juice. You may need pure lime juice if you decide the lime juice cordial makes your Gimlet too sweet. To lessen the effect of the cordial, you can create a blend of pure lime juice and lime juice cordial or just use lime juice. Mix to taste.
When making the Gimlet cocktail you will:
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. The shaker should be filled three-quarters of the way with ice.
- Shake the mixture to chill the drink. You will want to shake the concoction until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Strain the ingredients into a cocktail glass or martini glass.
- Garnish the glass with a lime twist.
- Serve and enjoy.
The Gimlet cocktail is a simple drink that is quick and easy to prepare and wonderful drink to enjoy. This cool, crisp concoction is a wonderful substitution for a Martini lover who would like to try something new. The light sweetness of the Gimlet makes it easily enjoyable for any drinker. The degree of sweetness in the cocktail can easily be adjusted to the taste of each individual drinker.