How To Make A Gin Cocktail
If you know how to make a gin cocktail, you know how to make the most classic mixed drinks of all time. The martini, the dry martini, and the extra dry martini are all classic gin cocktails. These instructions include how to make each. James Bond drinks a dry martini, shaken not stirred, and you can too, if that's the way you like it..
To make a gin cocktail, you will need the following ingredients and items:
- 1 ½ fluid ounces gin
- Dry vermouth (amount varies)
- Green olive stuffed with pimiento or a piece of lemon peel
- Plastic sword garnish skewer
- Drink shaker
- Martini glass
- Chill a martini glass. Put it in the refrigerator or freezer. Chill for at least an hour before using.
- Measure out your ingredients. To make a regular gin martini, use ½ fluid oz. of dry vermouth. To make a dry gin martini, use one dash of dry vermouth. To make an extra dry gin martini, use a drop of dry vermouth. Some people like their martinis so dry that you just wave the bottle of dry vermouth over the glass, and that’s enough.
- Fill a mixing glass with ice. Pour in the gin and the dry vermouth.
- Shake the concoction if you want to be like 007. He always said, “shaken, not stirred.” The other way to do it is to stir the drink. You decide which way you like best.
- Strain into a martini glass. Use either a skewered pimiento stuffed olive, or a piece of lemon peel as the garnish. Don’t ever use both garnishes together in your gin cocktail.