Learning how to make a Gin & Sin cocktail can make any gin lover your best friend. It is not a well known cocktail, but any gin lover will come to love the combination and make it a regular favorite sin of theirs. Its a sweet cocktail, that allows the true flavor of gin to come through. This cocktail is good any time, but because of its sweet content it is best not accompanying a sweet desert, or anything overly spicy. One flavor of this concoction will have everyone figuring out very quickly just why it got its name Gin & Sin, its definitely a sin to be enjoyed.
In order to make a Gin & Sin, you will need these ingredients:
- 1 1/2 oz Gin (make it a brand of gin that has a good enough flavor it could be enjoyed alone as the flavor will shine in this sin cocktail)
- 3/4 oz orange juice (make sure its pulp free)
- 3/4 oz lemon juice (freshly squeezed works best, just be careful of the seeds
- couple drops or dashes of grenadine (just enough to add color, and a shot of flavor but not too much)
- powder sugar (just a sprinkle)
- cubed ice
- cocktail shaker
- cocktail glass (you can get as creative on this as you would like)
- In the cocktail shaker, add the ice first. Once that is in, add the gin, hence the gin & sin name, orange juice, lemon juice, grenadine and powder sugar. Be careful not to add too much powder sugar, as this adds the sweet to give it it's sin name, but too much will over power the drink. Just a soft sprinkle, or pinch if you will is enough. If the powder sugar is over done, the Gin & Sin becomes too sweet for one to drink.
- Shake the contents of the shaker to incorporate all the ingredients. Make sure to shake vigorously to ensure the powder sugar gets incorporated, and not just clumpy, and the ice has a chance to chill the contents. Gin & Sin needs to be chilled, but no ice with in the drink otherwise the ice will melt and water down the cocktail, and flavor.
- Pour the contents into a glass. Make sure to have the glass empty, this drink does not need ice or a garnish. Once the drink is tasted, this Gin & Sin will be requested every time a gin lover wants their favorite sweet cocktail.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…