How To Make A Gin Sling
Knowing how to make a Gin Sling can help show off your festive drink skills. This recipe comes from the British. This classic cocktail can really hit the spot when you are seeking an after dinner drink or just a drink for the night.
When making a Gin Sling, you will need the following items:
- 2 ounces of Gin (Sloe Gin or Bissap Gin)
- 2 ounces of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Simple Syrup (You can make this by boiling half water and sugar, cooling, then bottling)
- 2 teaspoons of Water
- Ice Cubes
- Lemon Twist Garnish
- Highball Glass
How to make a Gin Sling:
- Add Gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and water into shaker glass. Add these ingredients into your shaker glass. You can add more alcohol if you want a stronger drink. If you want the drink to be weaker, you would add more of the lemon juice, water and simple syrup.
- Mix ingredients together thoroughly. You will want to shake all the ingredients together. Get the ingredients mixed up very well.
- Add the ice cubes into your shaker glass. You will want to add the ice into your mixture. Make sure you shake it up well so it will cool down the drink. You can add as much or little ice as you would like.
- Pour the mixture into your highball glass. Now you will want to strain out your drink into the highball glass. You can add as much or little ice as wanted to the Gin Sling in the cup as well.
- Add your lemon twist garnish to the Gin Sling. You will now add the lemon twist garnish to your drink. You can either add it to the rim of the glass or you can add it to the drink directly. Either way it will give your drink an edge and a better taste.
- Simply Enjoy!! Now that you have made a Gin Sling, you can sit back and enjoy.