Knowing how to make a Gin Toddy will allow you to show off during the Holidays. This drink is perfect for colder weather. It is known for being a Holiday drink. This drink is also great if you have had a cold or sore throat.
When making a Gin Toddy, you will need the following items:
- two ounces of Gin
- two teaspoons of water (water can be warm water for a warmer drink)
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- one twist lemon peel or cinnamon stick for garnish
- ice cubes
- Old Fashioned Glass
How to make a Gin Toddy:
- Mix together the powdered sugar and water in your old fashioned glass. Add these ingredients into your glass and mix together thoroughly. Make sure your powdered sugar is not clumped in the water. You can use boiling water to make this drink warm. It will also help the powdered sugar mix better.
- Add Gin into your powdered sugar and water mixture. You will want to add your Gin next into your drink. You can add as little or as much Gin as you prefer. If you want a stronger drink, you can add more.
- Add ice cubes into old fashioned glass. You can add one ice cube, or as many ice cubes as wanted. If you want to try to keep the drink warm, only add one ice cube.
- Mix the drink thoroughly. You will want to mix together the ingredients of your Gin Toddy together with a spoon or straw. Make sure you mix them together very well. You can add more of the ingredients based on your taste.
- Add your garnish. You will want to add your garnish to the Gin Toddy. You can choose between the lemon peel or the cinnamon stick. Both of these make a great addition to this drink.
- Sit back and enjoy! After making your Gin Toddy, you can sit back by the fire and enjoy this warm, delicious drink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.