Learning how to make ginger wine will allow you to tweak the recipe and make it exactly how you want it to taste. Ginger wine has long been loved for it's sweet, yet spicy ginger taste. Some say ginger wine tastes like a high class ginger ale without the fizz. This article will take you step by step on how to create your own bottles of refreshing ginger wine.
To make ginger wine, you will need:
- 4 tablespoons dried ginger
- 8 ounces of raisins
- 2 oranges, peels and sliced
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of two lemons
- 3 1/2 pounds of sugar
- wine yeast
- 1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
- 1 gallon water
- 1 campden tablet
- fermentation bucket
- clear wine demijohn (with airlock)
- Place ginger into a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Add the oranges and lemon zest and continue simmering for about fifteen minutes.
- Strain the mixture and place into the fermentation bucket.
- Add more water to the sauce pan and boil the solids again for another fifteen minutes. This will ensure that all of the flavor is extracted.
- Strain into fermentation bucket.
- Add all of the other ingredients into the fermentation bucket except for the wine yeast.
- Cool for at least twelve hours.
- Once cooled, add the wine yeast.
- Stir daily, every morning and evening for five days.
- Strain the mixture and pour the must into the demijohn.
- Allow the ginger wine to ferment for six weeks.
- Rack the wine.
- Continue racking the wine every two to three months until the ginger wine is at least twelve months old.
- Bottle the ginger wine and drink it after twelve months or longer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.