Did you ever think you might have to learn how to make gluten free macaroni and cheese? More and more people are finding that their health problems are related to gluten allergies. Thank goodness companies have jumped on the bandwagon and brought us tons of gluten free products like noodles and flour to make homemade macaroni and cheese, pizza and many other favorite comfort foods.
Ingredients needed for gluten free macaroni and cheese:
- 2 cups gluten free elbow noodles
- 2 tbsp. gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional: diced onions, diced tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese
Steps to prepare gluten free macaroni and cheese:
- Add to a medium saucepan over medium low heat: butter, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Stir for one minute.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of milk into saucepan mixture and stir. Bring to a boil and stir until it thickens.
- Turn stove burner to medium high; heat two quarts of water in a large saucepan.
- Put noodles into boiling water for six minutes or follow package instructions for boiling time.
- Strain hot water from gluten free noodles and add to the milk mixture.
- Add cheese to macaroni mixture. Stir in so cheese is well distributed.
- Pour macaroni and cheese mixture into a well-oiled casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Let it cool for ten minutes before serving.
Add onions, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese to gluten free macaroni and cheese before baking or use as toppings.
Hey, you gotta’ get our grub on, right? But sometimes you’re short on time from sleeping one off and doing lunch/dinner ...
By Patty James Why is it important to eat lots of different colored fruits and vegetables? Because each colored veget ...
Oh man. We get pizza delivered to the Made Man office on a weekly basis, and it is likely taking a decade off our c ...