Want to know how to make gluten free vegan bread for your family tonight? These vegan bread recipes are extremely healthy, delicious, easy to make and contain no animal by products. The recipes included here are: crunchy bread with cabbage, pita bread and gluten free pizza dough.
1. Crunchy Gluten Free Vegan Bread
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cups cooked cabbage
- 4 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
- In a medium size pot put 1 liter of water and 1 small head of cabbage that has been chopped. Bring the water to boil and cook the cabbage until soft.
- Drain the water from the cabbage. Place the drained cabbage in a blender and puree.
- Measure 4 cups of cabbage in a separate bowl and set aside. In a medium size bowl, place the flours, salt, baking powder, coriander and olive oil. Mix well and then add in the cabbage.
- Oil a 9 inch skillet with the remaining oil. Spread the crunchy gluten free bread in the pan.
- Bake the non gluten vegan bread in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until browned and done. Use a toothpick to check when the bread is done
Note: You can use zucchini or pumpkin instead of cabbage. To make your own rice flour, grind whole rice flour in a coffee grinder.
2. Gluten Free Vegan Pita Bread
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds mixed with 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 1 package yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a mixing bowl put the non-gluten flours and sift. Set aside for now.
- Place the yeast and sugar in the 1/3 cup of warm water for 5 minutes to dissolve. Place the flax seeds that have been ground in the warm water and let set for 5 minutes also.
Take the flour mixture and add in the yeast mixture and the flax seed mixture. With a mixer slowly start adding in the water.
- Use more or less water as needed. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add enough water to make the dough soft and pliable.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and let rise until doubled for around 2 to 4 hours. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each one in a round circle.
- Place all the pieces not using in the freezer for later use. Preheat an over to 500 degrees and put the rolled pita bread on a greased baking sheet. Bake the non gluten vegan bread until done and brown.
3. Gluten Free Pizza Dough
3/4 cup gluten free flour mix (recipe below)
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 package active dry yeast (.25 ounce)
1 teaspoons sugar OR agave nectar
2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons raw cider vinegar
10 Tablespoons lukewarm water
Gluten free cornmeal to sprinkle on baking sheet
- Place the flour mix, tapioca flour, salt, xanthan gum, sugar in a bowl. Add to this bowl, the agave nectar and the oil.
- Gradually add in the water and with a heavy duty mixer mix on high speed for 4 minutes. If possible use a mixer with bread hooks.
- Place the gluten free vegan pizza dough on a counter sprinkled with tapioca flour. Cut the dough into two separate pieces.
- Shape the dough into a circle and place on a pizza baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper and sprinkled with cornmeal. Brush the entire pizza with olive oil and use a fork to make indentations in the pizza crust before adding the pizza ingredients on top.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until done. Freeze the baked pizza crust for later use if not needed now.
Gluten Free Flour Mix:
- 1 cup rice or millet flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 5 Tablespoons tapioca flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.