If you're new to the bartending skill set, there's almost no easier drink to make than a Godmother Cocktail (except, possibly, pouring a glass of wine or a beer). As long as your crowd likes vodka and amaretto (an Italian almond flavored sweet liquor), you can't fail.
To mix up the best Godmother cocktail, you will need:
- An Old Fashioned glass, also known as an 'on the rocks' glass.
- 1 1/2 ounce good vodka – since there are only two ingredients to a Godmother cocktail, don't skimp on the quality of the vodka. But triple distilled vodka for the best flavor.
- 3/4 ounce amaretto
- Lemon wedge, lemon twist, or sprig of mint
- Fill the glass three-quarters full with ice cubes.
Add in the vodka and amaretto and stir with a cocktail stirrer.
- Garnish either with a small slice of lemon, a lemon twist, or a small sprig of mint. See, it was easy!
- Since the Godmother cocktail is so sweet, serve your Godmother cocktail with a savory appetizer, such as cheese and crackers or a tray of fresh vegetables with humus. It also goes nicely though with a slice of chocolate cake for a great dessert treat.
- The Godmother cocktail is very potent as there is no mixer; it's pure liquor and extremely potent. Plan on only two of these cocktails per guest and have the guest room made up also. If you want to lighten it up in taste, pour it into a taller glass and add in four or more ounces of fresh, bubbly club soda. Delicious!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …