How To Make A Golden Dawn Cocktail
If you like sweet mixed drinks that are also fun to look at, you may want to know how to make a Golden Dawn Cocktail. While it may not be the most popular drink out there, the Golden Dawn cocktail has been around forever and is still regularly requested by drinkers who enjoy the combination of sweet flavors and its beautiful presentation. Grenadine is dropped into the glass at the very end, creating an array of colors reminiscent of a sunset, hence the name Golden Dawn. Whip up one of these when you want to impress your guests with a fun drink that has a great presentation. It's also a great way to use up that bottle of Calvados that has been sitting on your shelf for ages.
To make a Golden Dawn Cocktail, you will need:
- a cocktail shaker
- 1/2 oz. gin
- 3/4 oz. Calvados
- 3/4 oz. apricot brandy
- 3/4 oz. orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- a dash of Agostura bitters
- a dash of Grenadine
- Mix the beverage. Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. Add the gin, Calvados, apricot brandy, orange juice, and bitters. Shake vigorously for thirty seconds. Strain the liquid into a glass.
- Add the grenadine. Pour a dash of grenadine into the glass. As it sinks to the bottom, it will create the appearance of a sunset. Add more grenadine if desired to create the perfect "Golden Dawn" look.
- Be sure to make this drink in a clear glass. The whole appeal of the Golden Dawn Cocktail lies in the presentation and no one will be able to see the "sunset" if you make it in a darker glass.
- For the best flavor, splurge on a good apricot brandy.