Learning how to make a golf ball gun is not too hard, but you will need to have certain materials and access to some tools. Once you have everything that you need, the process of making the cannon only requires you to follow a few basic steps. Following is some advice on how to make a golf ball cannon.
- PVC pipe (interior diameter just larger than diameter of golf ball)
- PVC pipe end (chamber) with connection for your pipe, and screw on back
- Hack saw
- Barbecue lighter
- First, buy everything that you will need to build the cannon. Any home improvement store should have all of the supplies. The second item listed above is a chamber that has a screw on cap on one end and a hole, which is the diameter of the smaller pipe, on the other end. These are available in a number of sizes, one of which will fit your golf ball-sized pipe.
- Cut the pipe to about three feet in length, using the hack saw. This will fit into the hole in the PVC pipe end with the screw on cap at the other end.
- Mix some five minute epoxy, apply it to the sides of the one end of the long, narrow pipe. Then, slide the pipe a couple of inches into the hole in the chamber, so that from the interior, the pipe goes to the interior wall of the chamber. Wait
- Drill a hole in the side of the chamber that is the size of the width of the narrow end of the barbecue lighter. Your cannon is now ready.
- To use it, slide some wadded up paper, from the inside of the chamber (accessed via the removal of the screw on cap) at the back of the barrel. Slide the ball down the front of the barrel, so that it rolls back and rests in front of the paper (which keeps it from rolling back into the wider chamber) at the back of the barrel. Spray in some hair spray, screw on the cap, point the cannon, and light the lighter, stuck into the chamber.
Learning how to make a golf ball cannon only requires your following a few steps, but it also takes some materials. With a little bit of time and effort, you can make one at home, which will be an excellent source of fun.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.