By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to make a golf ball. Making your own golf balls will not only allow you to save a substantial amount of money, but also allows you the ability to customize your own golf balls. Be sure to use a factory-made golf ball as a a reference in order to achieve optimal results.
Things you'll need:
- "Shooter" marble
- Rubber bands
- Plaster of Paris
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Purchase a large marble. This will serve as the core of your golf ball. Ideally, use a "shooter" marble, as this is larger and will be easier to work with. Typically, these kind of marbles can be found at most sporting goods stores.
- Wrap the marble in rubber bands. This will help "bulk up" the marble. Use a factory made golf ball as a reference point to determine how many rubber bands should be placed on the marble. Ideally, there should be enough rubber bands to get the ball slightly smaller than the existing golf ball.
- Mix a batch of Plaster of Paris. This can typically be found at most home improvement stores. Carefully dip the marble into the Plaster of Paris and allow to it dry overnight. Give the ball another coat of Plaster of Paris and allow it to dry completely.
- Use a fine-grit sandpaper to polish the golf ball. Make sure the ball is as smooth as possible before use.
- Coat the ball with a thin layer of polyurethane. This will give the ball a more finished, polished look. Your friends won't believe you made this golf ball yourself!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.