How To Make A Good First Impression
If you want to know how to make a good first impression, you will begin with the basics. When you want to change or begin new habits, it's always best to start from the inside out. It's not hard to impress people with your savvy, sexy self when you know the rules of the road.
- Clean up. The first order of business in making a good first impression is to clean up. We're all judged by how we look, whether we like it or not. Get a good hair cut and know how to style it. Your stylist's job is to make your hair look great and teach you how to take care of it, so use her wisdom. Purchase the best toiletries you can afford. Always brush your teeth and carry mints, not gum, for breath emergencies. Take a shower daily and shave. When you smell good and your pearly whites are gleaming, you're sure to make a good first impression.
- Dress appropriately. What you wear says a lot about who you are. There's a time and place to be casual, and sometimes being a little sloppy is okay. When you're out to make a good first impression, however, leave any signs of slovenliness at home. Whether you're trying to impress a girl on a first date or nabbing a a new job, dress for success. Dressing well doesn't mean sporting a suit and tie every time you leave your home. It does mean wearing clean, pressed or dry cleaned clothes. It means having good shoes. It also means that when you're trying to make a good first impression with your girlfriend's parents, you wear something nice rather than an old pair of torn shorts and a greasy t-shirt.
- Learn the language. Part of knowing how to make a good first impression is learning the language. Do you have to pick up a new language? No. You should, however, know how to speak properly. This should not imply formality or being stuffy. When you want to impress people, leave the slang behind, forget about cursing, and watch what you say about other people. No gossiping! Be friendly, articulate and warm. If you're shy, you don't have to be someone you're not, but it helps to impress others when you say a few positive things about yourself so people can get to know you.
- Mind your manners. Making a good first impression means minding your manners. As stated before, no gossiping! It's rude. Also, watch how to speak to people. If you want the chicks to flock to you, be nice. No one likes a smart aleck, so keep negative thoughts to yourself. This doesn't mean morphing into someone you're not. What you're doing is being politically correct, thinking before you speak and being kind.
- Have fun. The best part of knowing how to make a good first impression is to have fun. Heck, if you've gone to all the trouble of cleaning up, shaving, and speaking correctly, you should get a reward, right? The truth is, being the guy that others want to meet and hang out with is a lot of fun. When you're a nice person with a good personality, chicks and their friends will gravitate your way. How can they not resist you? The other benefits are that your employer and clients will dig your style. Wherever you go, you can be proud of who you are.