If you like oysters, you will want to learn how to make good oyster dressing. Oyster dressing is also sometimes referred to as oyster stuffing. You can serve your oyster dressing along with a turkey or ham on Thanksgiving or Christmas.
You will need the following items to make your oyster dressing:
- 1 1b. loaf of stale Italian bread
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 pint of oysters diced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 egg
Follow these steps to make your oyster dressing:
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your baking dish with a cooking spray or a Tbsp. of butter
- Melt your butter in a pan. Then add your celery, onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- Add chicken broth, poultry seasoning, oysters, pepper, sage, and the egg to the pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and remove them from the heat.
- Chop up your loaf of french bread and place it in your greased baking dish.
- Pour the ingredients from your frying pan in to the baking dish.
- Toss the french bread around so that it is covered with the ingredients from the frying pan.
- Bake the oyster dressing for one hour.
If you like the top of your oyster dressing to stay soft, place a sheet of tin foil over it before baking. Leaving the tin foil off makes for a nice crispy top layer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...