How To Make Google My Home Page
If you've ever though about making Google your homepage, you're in good company. According to data reported by the marketing research company comScore, Google handled between 60% and 65% of searches in the US in 2009, averaging more than 293 million per day. You can make searching the web easy by setting Google as your homepage so it will launch every time you open your browser or click the "home" icon. It'll take just one minute, and you'll be on your way to discovering everything Google has to offer.
To make Google your homepage, you'll need
- A computer
- An internet browser program
- While the steps to make Google homepage are similar for the most common internet browser, there are distinctions among each. Choose the steps applicable to the browser you use most often.
- To make Google your homepage in Google Chrome, follow these steps: Click the "tools" menu and select "options." The homepage section will have an option to “open this page.” Select it, and type http://www.google.com in the text box beside this option. Click the "close" button.
- If you use Internet Explorer (Version 6.0 or newer), follow these instructions to make Google your homepage. Click the "tools" menu and select "internet options." When you see the list of tabs, click "general." You’ll find the "homepage" section, where you should type http://www.google.com in the text box beside this option. Then click "OK."
- Firefox users can make Google their homepage by clicking on the Tools menu and then selecting Options. Find the tab that says "main," and click it. In the "startup" section, enter http://www.google.com in the "homepage" text box. Click "OK."
- If you surf the web using Safari (Version 3.0 or newer), you can still make Google your homepage. Click the Safari menu and choose "preferences." Find the tab marked "general" and click it. In the "homepage" section, enter http://www.google.com in the text box. Close the window when you’ve completed these steps.
- No matter which browser you’re using, the change should take effect immediately. Simply click the "home" icon on your browser’s toolbar, and you’ll be taken to Google. From this point onward, Google will also appear as your homepage any time you launch a new browser.