How To Make Google My Homepage
Learning how to make Google your homepage will allow you to use the popular site as your starting point. Whether you have an email account with Google, want to use the search engine or have news feeds set up to your liking, having Google as your homepage is valuable and easy to perform. Follow these steps to learn how to make Google your homepage.
In order to make Google your homepage, you will need:
- Computer with Internet access
- Internet browser
- Open your internet browser. In order to make Google your homepage, you will need to change it within your internet browser. Open the internet browser that you use most often; if you want Google your homepage on more than one browser, simply repeat these steps for the next browser.
- Locate the "Settings" or "Options" menu within your browser. Every browser is different, but you will most often find where to change the homepage option in the "Options" menu. For instance, in Internet Explorer and Firefox, you will go to "Tools" and "Options" (Internet Explorer is "Internet Options") to get to the right menu. Opera, another browser, requires "Settings" and then "Preferences" for the correct menu. No matter which browser you use, you will find the correct menu by using these guidelines.
- Find the box to change your homepage. On just about every internet browser, this box is located in the default tab from step two. You should find the box to switch the homepage on your screen with the previous step, though your browser could be different (search in help for where to find this box).
- Make Google your homepage. Simply enter Google's URL in this box to make it your homepage. Note that you can make it something slightly different if you would like (such as Google's mail service). Finally, click "OK" or the appropriate option to save your changes.