How To Make A Graduation Cap
You need to learn how to make a graduation cap if you are graduating or someone you know is going to graduate soon. The beauty of knowing how to make a graduation cap is that you can personalize the graduation cap in terms of color and design.
Materials you will need:
- Card board
- Glue or sticker tape
- Construction paper
- Two 9 by 9 inch satin fabric
- Needle and thread
- Measuring tape
- Start by creating the top board. Measure the card board into a square of eight inches by eight inches and mark the sides using a marker. Place the cardboard in between the two satin fabrics and sew the edges together round the cardboard.
- Make the tassel. Wrap the yarn several times around your first three fingers. Remove from your fingers and cut off. Pinch together one end and cut the other end of the yarn so that it has open loops. Tie together the pinched end. Tie a string one foot long at the end of the pinched end. Stick this string at one of the corners of the top board of the graduation cap
- Make the bottom of the graduation cap. Measure out a strip of construction paper with width of five to six inches depending on the size of your head. Fold the strip of paper so that both ends of the strip overlap. Staple together.
- Join the bottom and top board of the graduation cap. Fold an inch of the bottom edge of the circular strip. Glue the folded edge of the cap to the top board.
You are now ready to wear your graduation cap.