If you need to know how to make a graph in Excel, you are probably trapped in a job full of drudgery. Maybe you are not. You need to decide for yourself if you have an exciting job. Microsoft makes the process of creating graphs easy for the user, if not particularly exciting. Follow the steps below to make a graph of the type you want. Excel lets the user make pie charts, bar graphs and line graphs from the options within the program.
Things You Will Need to Make Graphs in Excel
- An Excel Spreadsheet
- A rough idea of the overall design
- Basic Knowledge of Excel
How to Make Graphs in Excel:
- Start by labeling each line in the graph. Copy and paste all of the cells in the table. Repeat the process for each cell. Most people already have the data entered before they get to this point, but if you do not, now god time to enter it.
- Insert each item into the table individually using the Graph Wizard. You can find the graph wizard from the insert tab in Excel 2007 and Excel 2010. Earlier versions of the program had it under the Insert pull down menu.
- Select the type of graph you want to use. The type of graph you use depends on the data a person wants to show. If you want to show percentages can use a pie graph. If you are comparing overall totals, use a bar graph. A person wanting to track changes over time should use the line graph option.
- Check the graph for accuracy. Excel lets you edit the charts you make with the program. Correct any spelling errors you find. Make sure the data you use represents the concepts you want to convey. The data entered into the spreadsheet should be checked before th graph is even made.
- Save the spreadsheet and save the graph. You can print out the graph. Printouts make nice visual aids for a person giving a presentation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…