How To Make A Graphic Novel
Understanding what a graphic novel is essential when learning how to make a graphic novel. A graphic novel is a story that is conveyed through the use of drawings and words. A common way to make a graphic novel is through a comic format.
- Brainstorm ideas. Ask yourself what gives you inspiration. This will give you a sense of direction on several concepts and give you a better perspective on how to make a graphic novel.
- Choose a target audience. Make a graphic novel that will appeal to a specific group. This will give you direction when you make a graphic novel. How to make a graphic novel depends on your target readers so choose carefully who you want to attract.
- Create characters. A graphic novel needs to have characters that will capture the reader. At this point, you are no longer just thinking about how to make a graphic novel but also how to make the characters captivating.
- Write a synopsis. Be as creative as possible. You can even make a graphic novel about a boy who has learnt the secret of how to make a graphic novel come to life using magic.
- Begin the artwork. By now, you should know how to make a graphic novel as well as be able to get the artwork done to match the story. If you are not doing the art yourself, then get an artist who knows how to make a graphic novel.
Rosinsky, N M. "Write Your Own Graphic Novel." Compass Point Books, Minneapolis, Minnesota.2009.