If you love mint chocolate and you enjoy cocktails, you should learn how to make a Grasshopper cocktail. This classic cocktail, named for its distinctive green color, was first created in New Orleans. The Grasshopper's popularity as a sweet, minty after-dinner drink soon spread to the rest of the country in the 1950s and 1960s. Enjoy a Grasshopper and feel like you're enjoying a night out on Bourbon Street.
To make a Grasshopper cocktail, you will need:
- A cocktail glass
- A cocktail shaker
- A cocktail strainer
- A shot glass or other measuring glass
- 1/2 cup shaved ice
- Lemon juice
- 2 ounces whipping cream
- 1/2 ounce creme de cacao
- 1/2 ounce creme de menthe
- Chocolate shavings
- 2 saucers or small dishes
- Place the cocktail glasses in the freezer to chill. A chilled glass always makes a mixed drink taste better and look more appealing.
- Pour shaved ice into the cocktail shaker. Shaved ice will melt more evenly, making a smoother drink.
- Pour whipping creme, creme de cacao and creme de menthe in the cocktail shaker. Place the top on the shaker.
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously. Shaking will melt the ice and mix the ingredients evenly. Remember to hold the bottom of the shaker with one hand and the top with the other so that you don't accidentally spray liquid Grasshopper all over the room.
- Dip the chilled cocktail glass in lemon, then in sugar. Pour a little lemon juice in one small dish and a little bit of sugar in another. Dip the rim of the glass in the lemon juice to wet it, and spin it in the sugar to line the rim of the glass.
- Pour the Grasshopper cocktail from the cocktail shaker into the chilled glass. Garnish with chocolate shavings for the final presentation. Enjoy!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!