How To Make Green Beer
Learn how to make green beer for St. Patrick’s Day or any other day you’re feeling a bit Irish. March 17th is always an excuse for a big beer drinking party, especially green beer. It’s consumed by the gallon by people whether or not they are of Irish descent. Green beer is really quick and easy to make, and you just might find that colored beer is your new drink of choice.
To make green beer, you will need:
- Light colored beer, yellow or amber
- Green or blue food coloring
- A spoon
- Beer glasses or mugs
- Before you make green beer, first chill the glasses. Everyone on this side of the pond enjoys their beer cold as well as poured into a frosty mug. Place the beer glasses or mugs in the freezer and they will soon be chilled and ready to use.
- Pour the beer into the chilled glasses. Tilt the glass to the side and slowly pour the beer against the side of the glass instead of directly into the bottom. This method prevents too much foam from forming on the top of the beer.
- Squeeze four to five drops of green food coloring into the beer. Some people swear by blue because blue and yellow do make green. Try both colors and use the one that looks the best to you.
- Stir the beer to mix the color thoroughly. Stir slowly so that you don’t spill the beer or work up extra foam.
- Serve the green beer cold for the best flavor. You can put the green beer back in the refrigerator for a short period of time if necessary.