Those who know how to make green chili for smothered burritos are the ones that are sought out when people have an urge for a tasty treat! Green chile sauce over a burrito can make the difference between an average smothered burrito and a meal that friends and family will crave and request. Learn how to make green chile for smothered burritos by following the instructions below.
Ingredients you'll need:
- 25 roasted and peeled green chilies
- Sauce pan
- Mixing bowl
- Half tsp. oregano
- Half tsp. cumin
- Half tsp. garlic powder
- Half tsp. onion powder
- Half tsp. salt
- Two cups water
- Mix dry ingredients. In the mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together so that you have a sort of pre-mixed spice package to make green chile for smothered burritos.
- Mix all ingredients in the sauce pan. Place the chilies in the sauce pan. Add the dry ingredients and mix together. Add about one-fourth cup of the water and mix all ingredients. Turn the burner to medium heat.
- Cook to taste. To make the green chile for smothered burritos the way you like it, keep a constant watch on the sauce. Stir frequently and add water as needed. The sauce should simmer for about 30 minutes. Add water to this the sauce as needed to meet the needs of your own personal taste.
- Serve over burritos. If you make green chile for smothered burritos, then you should have the burritos prepared by the time the chile is done. Pour sauce over the burritos to satisfy the taste of those who are eating the burritos. To add to the appeal of the sauce by using color, sprinkle the chopped onions and tomatoes as a garnish.
Serve up a colorful and tasty green chile for a smothered burritos treat! Add a bit of entertainment to the meal by telling your friends that green chile is also known as "chile verde" or the "gravy of New Mexico."