How To Make Green Tea Ice Cream
Learning how to make green tea ice cream can be a very fun and rewarding activity. Not only does green tea create a bright green color, but it also gives ice cream a unique, refreshing taste. Green tea has long been loved for its soothing & healing properties. Authentic green tea ice cream has made its way on the menus of many ice cream shops, but it can be pretty pricey. It is easy to make your own green tea ice cream at home, saving you time and money and allowing you to customize the flavor by adding in other ingredients if desired. This article will show you how to make delicious and creamy green tea ice cream from start to finish.
To make green tea ice cream, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 eggs yolks
- 9 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- Large saucepan
- Plastic, ice cream container (for homemade ice creams)
- Small bowl
- Combine the hot water and matcha green tea powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a pan until frothy.
- Add the sugar to the pan and stir well.
- Gradually stir the milk into the pan.
- Heat the mixture on low heat, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture has thickened, remove it from the heat.
- Soak the bottom of the pan in ice cold water to cool it quickly.
- Add in the matcha green tea mixture.
- Gently stir in the heavy cream.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream container and freeze.
- Stir the mixture a couple of times and allow to freeze completely before serving.