How To Make A Guitar Stand From Wood
Learning how to make a guitar stand from wood can take some time. You will need a basic understanding of shop materials and tools and the right supplies to go about the process. The following tips will help you make a guitar stand from wood.
To make a guitar stand from wood, you will need:
- A one-half to one-inch thick sheet of hardwood, at least three feet long by two feet in width
- A saw, such as a table saw or electric hand saw
- Wood glue
- A screwdriver
- First, purchase all of the necessary supplies for your wooden guitar stand. Any home improvement store or building supply company should be able to help you.
- On the sheet of hardwood, mark the dimensions of the base of the stand. It should be V-shaped, and about one foot long on each segment. Using the saw, cut this out from the wood.
- Mark the dimensions of the neck of the wooden guitar stand. This will be S-shaped, but it must be wider and not as curved as an actual S, spanning about two to two-and-one-half feet. This will attach to the base, and it will hold the neck of the guitar. Cut the S-shaped neck out of the wood so that it is about one half to one inch by one inch throughout its course.
- Cut out a small U shape from the sheet of wood. This shape should be just wider on the inside than the width of the guitar's neck.
- Screw and glue (both attachment and adhesive make it a stronger bond) the neck of the stand. Attach it so that the point at the top of the S faces the opening of the V shape of the base. Then, screw and glue the small U-shaped piece of wood, which will grasp the neck of the guitar, to the top of the front of the S-shaped neck.
- Sand the wooden guitar stand very well. Coat it with varnish and when it is finally ready, put it to use.
Learning how to make a guitar stand from wood is not too hard, but it requires some time and skill on your part. If you take your time, however, a nice-looking stand will result.