Learning how to make a guitar stand from wood can take some time. You will need a basic understanding of shop materials and tools and the right supplies to go about the process. The following tips will help you make a guitar stand from wood.
To make a guitar stand from wood, you will need:
- A one-half to one-inch thick sheet of hardwood, at least three feet long by two feet in width
- A saw, such as a table saw or electric hand saw
- Wood glue
- A screwdriver
- First, purchase all of the necessary supplies for your wooden guitar stand. Any home improvement store or building supply company should be able to help you.
- On the sheet of hardwood, mark the dimensions of the base of the stand. It should be V-shaped, and about one foot long on each segment. Using the saw, cut this out from the wood.
- Mark the dimensions of the neck of the wooden guitar stand. This will be S-shaped, but it must be wider and not as curved as an actual S, spanning about two to two-and-one-half feet. This will attach to the base, and it will hold the neck of the guitar. Cut the S-shaped neck out of the wood so that it is about one half to one inch by one inch throughout its course.
- Cut out a small U shape from the sheet of wood. This shape should be just wider on the inside than the width of the guitar's neck.
- Screw and glue (both attachment and adhesive make it a stronger bond) the neck of the stand. Attach it so that the point at the top of the S faces the opening of the V shape of the base. Then, screw and glue the small U-shaped piece of wood, which will grasp the neck of the guitar, to the top of the front of the S-shaped neck.
- Sand the wooden guitar stand very well. Coat it with varnish and when it is finally ready, put it to use.
Learning how to make a guitar stand from wood is not too hard, but it requires some time and skill on your part. If you take your time, however, a nice-looking stand will result.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …