Learning how to make halibut fish tacos is a sure-fire way to attract tons of guests to your home. The recipe is easy!
To make halibut fish tacos, you will need:
- 3 pounds halibut fillets
- 5 limes
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups store-bought pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 avocado
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- Place the halibut in a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Cut three of the limes in half and squeeze their juices over the fish. Flip the fish a few times to make sure the lime is well coated.
- Mix the chili powder, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl until well blended. Sprinkle the mixture over the fish. Evenly coat all sides. Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and let the fish marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Fire up the grill. Let the temperature get high to about 350 degrees to 400 degrees.
- Remove the fillets from the refrigerator. Place the fish on a plate and pat dry with paper towels. Turn the fish over and continue to pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Wrap the stack of tortillas in foil. Place them in the oven for ten minutes to warm them up.
- Brush the grill with olive oil and put the halibut on. Grill the fillets. They will flake easily or have little to no pink or gray flesh in the center when done. Remove the fish.
- Place the fish in a serving dish. Shred the fillets with two forks. Set aside.
- Peel the avocado. Place it in a serving dish and cut it in half. Remove the seed. Mash the avocado until it becomes creamy.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven. Keep them covered in foil.
- Place the lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado and tortillas on a table. Guests can make their own tacos. Enjoy!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.