Part of the joy of having a hamster is to see it go about its business in the cage and playing with toys, so nothing can be more fun than learning how to make hamster toys and watch your pet play with them. You may use household objects to make hamster toys, which are more economical and environmentally friendly than purchasing toys at a pet shop.
Things you need:
- Cereal box
- Paper towel roll
- File folder
- Shredded paper
- Empty food can
- Cardboard boxes in various sizes
Hide-and-Seek Box: This one of the easiest hamster toys you can make at home.
- Cut several holes on an empty cereal box.
- Tape the box to one side of the cage.
- You may also let your hamster play with the box in a playpen.
Hamster Maze: With multiple cardboard boxes, you will be able to make hamster toys that not only engage your pet, but also entertain you and your family.
- Cut holes in the boxes so that you can link the boxes together using a cardboard tunnel you obtain from used paper towel.
- Extend the maze according to your preference.
- Place your hamster in the maze so it can begin its exploration!
Play Tubes: With simple file folders, you can create hamster toys that will intrigue your furry little friend.
- Cut a folder into rectangles of desired sizes and number. This will determine how many tubes you can make and how big they will be.
- Roll the cut-out pieces to form the shape of a tube.
- Use strong masking tape to hold the tubes in shape.
Hamster Nest: Hamsters enjoy burrowing and you can make hamster toys according to their nature.
- Smoothen the edge of an empty food can.
- Place shredded paper in the can.
- Place it in your hamster's cage or in the playpen.
Learning how to make hamster toys is fun and simple. In addition to the above suggestions, you can also use your creativity to create a more fun environment for your hamster.
- Hamsters chew and eat almost everything. Make sure that the hamster toys are safe and will not lead to suffocation or intoxication.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.