How To Make Hand Dipped Strawberries
Hand Dipped Strawberries are an extremely elegant and romantic solution to the otherwise complicated problem of dessert, and learning how to make these beautiful treats will score you massive points with your lady. It can actually be a really fun thing to make together, or you can have them prepared ahead of time as a surprise. Now, you have to have wax paper for this recipe. Don't try to use anything else as a substitute. Aluminum foil, and plastic wrap will not work for these candy-like sweets.
Hand Dipped Strawberries will require:
Chocolate chips (if you prefer white chocolate is also great, or make a combination of both).
- Shredded coconut, sprinkles, chucks of peanuts (optional)
- Add about a 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in thirty second intervals. Stir in between each interval. It will take some time to finish this process, but continue until all the chocolate is melted.
- Wash the strawberries under room temperature water and remove any bad spots with a knife, or simply discard the strawberry. Do not remove the green tops of the strawberry.
- Layer the wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Holding it by the top, dip the strawberry into the chocolate and twist to ensure an even coat. Remove and shake off any excess chocolate. Lay the finished strawberries on the wax paper. Repeat this process with each strawberry.
After all the strawberries are coated, feel free to top them with additional ingredients. Shredded coconut, sprinkles, and chucks of peanuts are all a good choice, and feel free to be creative. This is an optional step, as the chocolate hand dipped strawberries are wonderful as they are.
- Place the strawberries in the refrigerator to cool and harden. Enjoy!