How To Make Hanukkah Cake
With Hanukkah just around the corner, you might want to learn how to make Hanukkah cake. Hanukkah nut cake is the most sought out of cakes for anyone wanting to learn how to make Hanukkah cake. The Hanukkah nut cake is often ate during breakfast times and as a light snack, which makes it an incredibly interesting cake choice.
To learn how to make Hanukkah Cake, you'll need:
- Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet wine
- 1/2 cup cake meal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 7 eggs.
- Start your first mix by separating the eggs. Beat the egg yolks until they are thick. Beat in the sugar, but only a small amount at a time. Once all the sugar is mixed in, mix in your 1/4 cup of wine.
- Get a second bowl to mix with. The key to knowing how to make Hanukkah cake is to mix the nuts and cake meal real good. Once the nuts and cake are mixed slowly add it to the egg mixture.
- Now beat your egg whites. Once the egg whites are beaten stiff, mix thoroughly into the rest of the mixture your making for how to make Hanukkah cake.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased Angel Food Pan. Place the angel food pan into a oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour. If you're making multiple cakes while learning how to make Hanukkah cake cook them on the same rack to ensure even baking.
- Remove cake from oven. Turn the pan upside down but do not remove the cake until it has cooled. With the cake removed you can top with additional powdered sugar and whichever type of nuts you have selected for learning how to make Hanukkah cake.
- If you are concerned with calories, use a sugar substitute instead of sugar.
- If you are worried about the alcohol in the wine, there is no need to be. The wine will lose it's effect and be used only to add flavor by the time it is done baking.
- Make sure you use an Angel Food Pan, if you use too shallow a pan for this recipe you will not properly make a Hanukkah cake.